||Dr. Aziz Qureshi
||Late Shri Zia-ul-Hasan
|Date of Birth
||April 24, 1940
|Place of Birth
||M.A., LL.B., Government Hamidia College, Bhopal, Agra University, Agra, Vikram University, Ujjain and Bhopal University, Bhopal.
||'Zia', Ahemdabad Palace Road, Bhopal (MP)
||Rajbhawan Uttarakhand, New Cantt. Road, Dehradun – 248003
- Was among the one hundred Congress workers selected by Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi, the then Congress President.
- Selected worker for A.I.C.C. Cooperative Training in 1959 and worked as AICC cooperative organiser in Madhya Pradesh.
- Secretary, Madhya Pradesh Congress Election Committee(1980).
- Founder member, Indian Youth Congress and its First General Secretary in Bhopal.
- Secretary, Transport and Reception Committee, All India Congress Seva Dal Rally at Bhopal (1959).
- Chairman, Madhya Pradesh State Fisheries Development Corporation, Bhopal, (1981-84); with status of Cabinet Minister.
- General Secretary, Friends of Soviet Union Madhya Pradesh Branch.
- Chairman, Madhya Pradesh Urdu Academy with status of Cabinet Minister.
- Founder Vice Chairman of National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language.
- Vice Chairman of All India Taraqqi-e-Urdu Board.
- Chairman, Govt. of India's Urdu University Committee for the establishment of Central Urdu University in India.
- Member - (i) Madhya Pradesh State 20-Point Programme Committee,(ii) Senate, Vikram University, Ujjain, (iii) Court of Bhopal University,(iv) Bar at the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- Member, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly, (1972-77).
- Minister in the Government of Madhya Pradesh for (i) Irrigation and Power ( 1972-75), (ii) Education and Endowments (1976-77).
- Member, AICC since 1972.
- General Secretary, M.P.C.C. and M.P.C.C. (I) (1977-80).
- Incharge, Publicity and Public Relations Department, Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee (1961-62).
- Elected Member of Parliament of 8th Lok Sabha Congress (I) from Satna, Madhya Pradesh in 1984.
- Head of the Department of Political Science for 9 years and Principal, Aurobindo Arts and Law College, Bhopal for one year.
- Additional charge as Governor of Uttar Pradesh from 23-06-2014 till 22-07-2014
- 15 May 2012 onwards Governor of Uttarakhand.
||(i) in February, 1978 for taking part in official party movement against Janata Party rule (ii) during the Narvada Andolan and (iii) for organising a demonstration against the arrest of late Shrimati Indira Gandhi.
||Upliftment of weaker sections of society, particularly rural youth,physically challenged, promotion of adult education etc.
|Favourite pastime and recreation
||Reading, Music, Travelling and Angling.
||Preservation of wild life and forests & collection of Perfumes.
|Mission of Life
||To wipe out every tear from each eye………… to serve suffering humanity.
Source : Rajbhawan-Uttarakhand